Chamber Education Initiatives Council Monthly Meeting
Monthly meeting of Council
Chamber's members invited to be attend a meeting to see if you would like to be a part of the council. Varying levels of participation are available to fit your schedule. The primary focus is to partner in career preparedness and employment.
This is the monthly meeting of the council where discussion and planning are held on the opportunities for business & education partnerships.
Plans for 2017 Include:
- Scholarship program continued - includes working with high school counselors, scoring student applications, public awareness of program.
- Assist in planning and implementing the "State of Education" address and Scholarship Presentation Breakfast held in April.
- Student participation in LIVE2LEAD event.
- Student participation in Women's Professional & Leadership Event
- Implementation of Student Leadership Conference - working with students on soft skills, career readiness, community impacts, team building, ethics and meeting with business professionals.
- Securing funds for education programming and initiatives.
- School Board meetings and up to date on LPPS.
- Advocacy and Public Policy knowledge of issues at the local, state and national levels.
- Review and possible partnerships of national chamber education divisions for qualified workforce.
- Solving business problems of finding qualified workers.
For More Information on Chamber's Education Committee, See Here